Today is the birthday of Confucius – the famous politician, and philospher who lived a long time ago. He was a smart guy who wrote a LOT and had many famous quotes. And, although I didn’t read ALL of the literature on this fact – it appears that “Confucius was one of the first people in Chinese histroy to be recorded as the owner of a pet dog”.* Who knew? If you want to read a detailed account about the role of canines in early Chinese history, I will attach an article at the end of my blog. It’s heavy reading – but kind of interesting… Now keep in mind that the article talks about the practice of eating Fido – so BE PREPARED. That’s OBVIOUSLY not a practice I support – but the article gives an idea of how the practice began.
As I did a few years ago, I have taken a couple of his quotes and paired them with photos. Here they are:
And as I also did before, I have written my very own quotes. Well, they are not entirely my own – and you may recognize parts of them….
- Great minds think… about how to get into the treat jar.
- Anything that can go wrong probably will… happen as my human is on the way out the door to work. And we have probably caused it…
- Hell hath no fury… like a PON when supper is late.
- Ignorance is… not knowing how to counter surf.
- A penny saved… buys more dog treats.
- I think, therefore I …end up in trouble.
- I’ve never met a …treat I didn’t like.
That’s it for my philosophizing for today. It’s hard work being a blog writer, a philosopher,
a guardian, and a comedian.
It is FRIDAY!!!!!!!! Let the weekend begin!
Have a good one! Peace and paws up!
Seizure free days: 14
Here is that article…