Wow. The year is really going by quickly. I mean it is almost US Thanksgiving and the next thing you know, it will be Easter. JUST kidding. Of course the next big thing is CHRISTMAS!!!! Time to start working on my wish list.
But I started thinking. Before I do THAT, perhaps I should look at my2015 New Year’s resolutions to see how I am doing. I wonder how many HUMANS actually carry out their resolutions? Heck. I wonder how many humans can even REMEMBER what they were?! So here’s my list. Let’s see how I am doing. I figure if I look at them now, I still have time to accomplish them – if I haven’t already done so.
1. Get my very own Facebook page. I have my own blog, so I think it’s time I get my own page on Facebook. And my goal is 14 Likes by May.ACCOMPLISHED!!! And 147 people like me. 113 of those are my human’s family. 20 are MY friends. The rest are people she made up.
2. Stop running off into the woods. OK. That’s probably a bit lofty. How about stop running off into the woods for more than 10 minutes. Hmmm. I’m not quite sure I accomplished this one. Especially that night I went to visit the porcupine…
3. Stop counter surfing. Hmmm…again maybe a bit much. How about stop counter surfing when there is a full moon.. This one I DID accomplish. I NEVER counter surfed. When there was a full moon. For example – when I stole the dog sitter’s sandwich last week from the counter, it was a NEW moon. So check this one off the list.
4. Do not chew on the new dog bed. When my human is watching. Another one – accomplished! Remember the $10,000 steel bed my human bought for us LAST Christmas? It is STILL intact! I think we could do commercials for these beds. NO DOG BED has ever survived this long in our house!!!!
5. Do not lick Frodo or Paxton’s face. If it is dinner time. Accomplished. I never lick their ears while eating dinner. Ever. The other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day – it’s a different story…
6. Do not steal bones or toys from Frodo or Paxton. Especially when I have already hoarded all the other bones and toys….OK. ANOTHER one I need to work on. But honestly, I thought all the toys were for ME!
7. Do not look longingly at the garage door where the dog food is stored. Every 10 minutes. I’ve got this one down to every 15 minutes. More work to do…
8. Make every effort NOT to knock out my human when I am jumping repeatedly while waiting to go out the front door. No black eyes SO FAR this year – so I consider this one accomplished.
9. Do not chase rabbits or foxes…. on the third Thursday of every month. Accomplished. Wait there WAS the third Thursday of April. Oh and July. And September. OK. Maybe this still needs work.
10. Agree to poop in the rain at least once a month. OK. Semi-accomplsihed. I did do this in May. But not since then….
So overall, I’m not doing TOO badly. A couple of things to work on. I still have 40 more days.
Now to start working on the Christmas wish list…
© Linda Wozniak