· My food bowl. Especially when it is full.
· The treat jar. For obvious reasons.
· Bananas. Carrots. Sweet potatoes. But not lettuce.
· My water bowl. Drinking out of puddles is fine – but clean water IS better.
· The guilt gifts we receive when my human is away on a holiday or for
· The lovely collars our human buys for us. It doesn’t matter that you can’t
see them with all of our hair – they are still very nice!
· Car rides – except when we are going to the vet.
· Doorbells – which alert us to a new victim for our bad-mannered jumping.
· Barettes. And elastics (or rubber bands). To keep our hair out of our eyes!
· Our house! Because it beats living outdoors! Especially in the rain.
· Our human’s bed. Which we TECHNICALLY are not allowed on – but
where we sneak many nights…
· Belly rubs and ear scratches.
· Retrieving toys. To bring back again and again and again and….
· Rabbits. And squirrels. And cats. To chase.
· The ability to bark. To warn of an intruder (like those foxes), to request
treat – or simply to welcome the dawn of a new day!
· Sunny days. To play outside.
· Snowy days. To play outside.
· Snow plow operators. We are thankful for you. But hope we never see
you this winter.
· Windy days. To smell good things. And to play outside.
· Weather forecast people. Because you show us that “being right” is not a
necessity in life.
· Raincoats. Although we PRETEND we don’t like them, they DO keep us
· Family and friends! Who are always THERE for you – through thick and
thin – and even porcupine quills!
· Frodo and Paxton. Who tolerate my licking, barking and biting – especially
when we run outside. Or downstairs. Or at night. Or in the morning. Or…
· Dog people! Who share stories, support one another, provide great advice
and understand what it is like to be in this weird cult where you are owned
by a dog!
· All of those people who have supported me with my very first book!
· The colorful leaves in the fall. Which go flying every which way when I am
retrieving my toys.
· The morning – when the alarm goes off and we happily welcome a new
· The stars when we go out at night for our last pee before bed.
· That moment when we hear our human’s car coming home…
· My human…
· And finally… those who take the time to read my crazy BLOG! I’m not sure
how long I’ll keep this going – but I am thankful I was able to do it for a
Happy Thanksgiving – no matter WHERE you live! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
© Linda Wozniak